The University of Maryland Band Alumni Organization is the official alumni association of the Maryland band program, and an affinity network of the University of Maryland Alumni Association. UMBAO is in charge of contacting alumni for events, organizing homecoming (both alumni band and tailgate picnic), forming alumni basketball pep bands, and financially helping the band department.
If you — or anyone you know — is interested in running for an office, please read the descriptions below. Any questions you have may be directed to Marianne Kassabian.
- President — Marianne Kassabian
- Leads UMBAO Homecoming and special projects as designated by the directors.
- Vice President — Morris Zwick ‘85
- Assists President with Homecoming and special projects as designated by the directors.
- Secretary — Noah Lazar ‘00
- Coordinates mailings/publications for Homecoming and special projects; provides content for website.
- Treasurer — Suzanne Sturgis
- Maintains the books, including money collection for Homecoming or special projects.
- Social Media Chair — Mary Kate Gentile
University of Maryland Band Office
Terrapin Ticket Office
301.314.7070 or 800.462.TERP
UM Alumni Association
301.405.4678 or 800.336.8627
The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center Box Office