Support the MSOM Instrument Fund
We crushed it last year! Are you ready to do it again?
On Giving Day, UMBAO is joining forces with MSOM to help raise money for the Mighty Sound of Maryland Instrument Fund. Because of your support last year, the Maryland band program was able to purchase over 30 new instruments, replacement parts, repairs, and even a new sound system for rehearsals!
Funds this year will be used to replace drumline show equipment, as many of the practice drums are currently unplayable. Funds will also be used to replace wind instruments and aging equipment, as well as ongoing instrument maintenance and repairs, especially on the sousaphones.
Our goal for Giving Day 2022: $25K
Here are the details of when and how your donations can make the most impact:
- Alumni Challenges at 9–10 AM and 7–8 PM: Help the band win the two Alumni Power Hour Prizes ($2,500 each) by splitting your total donation. Make a portion of your donation between the 9–10 AM hour and donate the remainder between the 7–8 PM. Show your section spirit by scrolling to the bottom of the Instrument Fund Giving Page to donate to your section. Section goals will be at the top of each page, and you may help them win their competition (see Section Competition bullet for details).
- Band Parent Alumni: If you are both an Alumni and Parent help us win the two Alumni Power Hour Prizes ($2,500 each) and the Parent Power Hour Prize ($1,000) by splitting your total donation between the three Power Hours. Donate a portion between 9–10 AM, another portion between 7–8 PM, and the final amount between 8–9 PM. Show your section spirit by scrolling to the bottom of the Instrument Fund Giving Page to donate to your section. Section goals will be at the top of each page, and you may help them win their competition (see Section Competition bullet for details).
- Recent Graduates from 2017–2021 Get Matching Funds: Double your donations! From Midnight–11:59 AM and Noon–11:59 PM, donations from recent grads (2017–2021) will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $15,000. Donate in the midnight hour to get a jump on $5,000 in matches, or donate in the noon hour to scoop up the other $10,000. Once the Recent Grad donations reach $15K, the matching funds exhaust, so set your alarms for midnight and noon to donate early while funds last. And if you love to strategize, make an additional donation (minimum $10) during the Alumni Power Hours of 9–10 AM and 7–8 PM.
- Section Competition: The students are having a friendly competition to see which section gets the most participants, and which raises the most money. To support your favorite section, scroll to the bottom of the Instrument Fund Giving Page, and click on that section. Their goals will be at the top of their section page.
- Giving Day Tool Kit: The MSOM Tool Kit is coming soon! Watch your email, and check the MSOM and MSOM Members and Alumni Facebook pages for more information this week. On Giving Day, we will be posting strategies all day to help MSOM reach their goal.
- All Amounts Welcome: All donation amounts are appreciated! The minimum is $10 per donation. Not sure what to give? Then be creative! You can donate what you might have spent on movie tickets, a Terps game, or a parking pass. You could donate $5 or $10 for every year you played in MSOM, or for the number of people in your squad, or the number of band shirts you own. Have fun with it!
So join the fun on Giving Day 2022 to support the MSOM Instrument Fund, and let’s get ready to crush it!